Be Courageous and Remember, Today is Anew!

I must relax & cut things down to a manageable size!

             

If you're like me, Dieting can be exhaustive and stressful! The battle to lose the weight can get so overbearing it consumes you. It's six weeks into my weight loss journey & I'm getting discouraged simply because I'm not losing the big pounds. 


I got on the scale yesterday I had only lost 1/2 pound. My heart sank a little and I thought to myself, "If I don't lose more weight; how can I be an inspiration to anyone?" 
Transforming my life is more than what the scale says! I do not want to get skinny quick just so I can gain it all back plus more! This time I have to remember that I'm in it for the long haul & no matter what a 1/2 pound loss is still a loss!

How am I going to keep it alive?

The top five things I know I must do: 


1. Drink Water
2. Eat fish and colorful veggies every week.
3. Exercise at least 10 minutes per day, but more is better.
4. Look out for excess intake of fat, sugar, sodium, and carbs.
5. Take vitamins & supplements.

Being dedicated to these five items is key for me. 

If I do nothing more than the things on this list; I'm certain that weight loss will happen. Even if it's only a 1/2 pound, the changes I'm making are a lot better than the choices I was making before I started out.

Remembering a loss is a loss and keeping it first and foremost on your mind is the goal. 

Obsessing over dietary changes is only stressing me out and making it difficult to go on with the plan. As with anything, whenever I begin to feel this way, I remember to bring it back down and start from the beginning. 

Relaxing into this new approach is something I need to master if I am to be successful and rewarding myself in new and interesting ways is too. Instead of using food as a reward maybe I will buy myself something new to update my style.


I believe that treasures of the heart lead to treasures of the mind. In the past I've gotten to this point and given up. I can feel that train of thought creeping in. I want to make sure I'm taking care of myself emotionally as well as physically. 


Today I will approach the day with renewed strength and dedication. I will talk to myself in a positive voice and I will rediscover the things in life that are good. I encourage you to do the same! 


Let's kick start it again and again until we get it right! 


              

                      



*This blog is not intended to provide medical advice. Please consult with your doctor for treatment of any medical condition and before beginning any diet or exercise regimen.










1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude, Brava! I also wanted to tell you that I am digging your new re-designed site. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Comment: